Close

Post Thanks / Like

How to set up a map with KSF settings when offline, and teleport + save location?

Hi,

I would like to be able to train offline, is there a tutorial somewhere on the forum that I didn't see? Having some kind of teleport function and saveloc would be great to. I'm asking for CSS.

Regular Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use these for server settings:
    mp_autokick 0
    mp_ignore_round_win_conditions 1
    mp_enablebunnyhopping 1
    sv_maxvelocity 3500
    sv_airaccelerate 150

You will need a checkpoints plugin that gives 2 commands, !saveloc and !tele . I wrote one a while back for one of my timers, just pulled this and stripped dependencies its untested but it should work:
    http://pastebin.com/6Vhy8u23

You can copy/paste the code into this web compiler to get a plugin: https://spider.limetech.io/

Once you have the plugin you need to install SourceMod on your local server and drop the plugin into the plugins directory. This is pretty easy so I won't go into detail, just do some googling and trial/error.

edit: A trick to copy a server's settings exactly is to join a server, open your console and load a map from there using "map surf_xxx" - all cvars and even tickrate will be set for you. You can't join any public servers with SourceMod installed because it requires the -insecure launch parameter, but if you can do without saveloc then this is a quick and easy way to get started.
    Last edited by Crayz; 01-12-2017 at 11:28 AM.

3. Likes tamen liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    good tutorial. But you could also use momentum just for practice

Regular Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does Momentum have a saveloc feature?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes

7. Dislikes Sundayy disliked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Crazy, tried your plugin out of curiosity. It works pretty well but its a bit annoying to type every saveloc-number over and over again for tele, or am I missing something on that?

Regular Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen View Post
    Hey Crazy, tried your plugin out of curiosity. It works pretty well but its a bit annoying to type every saveloc-number over and over again for tele, or am I missing something on that?
    !tele should work without an argument, it'll teleport you to either last saved or last used checkpoint

Thread Information