Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: KSF app's system

If you want people to have more wr's / top10s you can still vote no atm, it's not like getting the reqs down automatically gets you in.

The problem is that if you vote no for someone you end up having to explain yourself to them and their friends and looking like a dick, so it's a lot more attractive to just vote yes or not vote. I think applications should just be done as polls where members can vote yes/no without revealing their vote. I feel like a lot of votes atm are just like "this guy asked me to vote for him on steam and I kinda like him so I'll vote yes even though I don't really know him or necessarily want to vote yes."

That and perhaps disallowing inactive members from voting (ie. Daniel voting for exydos) or something? IDK.

Ideally I think if someone gets +5 or +7 or w.e. it should be because the clan wants them in, and if theyre really that bad they shouldn't be able to get that +5 or +7, or the same people voting for a required amount of wrs/top10s here would be to blame.

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of counting the amount of top10s you could count the actual POINTS someone is getting for top10s - "harder" top10s usually give more points, so it's not like a top10 on a brand new crappy map is worth as much as a top10 on rebel_resistance or something like this.
    I also really support the idea of rapist to make an anonymous poll.

Post Thanks / Like

Good discussion, keep it going.

While there are problems with the current way of voting. There will also be problems with anonymous voting. (You can think of them for yourselves)

Post Thanks / Like

How about we just say...

• Must be at least rank 200. [/*:m:5gh72m6w]
    • Must have at least one WR[/*:m:5gh72m6w]
    • Must have top10 on X% of maps at the time of joining[/*:m:5gh72m6w]

So currently there are 291 maps, so if you say 10% of maps, that would be 29 maps.

Something like that would be easier w/o all the silly point conversion. Though we wouldn't account for the rank top 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s. Anyway this would show that you are overall a good surfer, rather than just good on 2-3 maps.

Post Thanks / Like

How many people in KSF now qualify?

Post Thanks / Like

The point of this is to decrease the amount of new people eligible. If you are in KSF already, it doesn't apply to you (you joined early when it was easier, which is fair). Also by having % of maps to have top10, it will get harder to get into KSF with every map released (theoretically)

10% is a random number, the actual number should be decided by KSF members here if they like my proposal.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like that would just be encouraging people to surf the maps that no one else wants to for the 30 easiest top10s on the server.

I'd rather have a lower set requirement, possibly for X amount of top5 and X amount of top10, on less overall maps. If people have just chosen 100% easy maps then members could just vote no, but if someone shows up with a few hard top10s then that would be >> a lot of easy ones.

I still think the main criteria for getting in should be whether or not members actually want you in though.

KSF Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unt0uch4bl3
    The point of this is to decrease the amount of new people eligible. If you are in KSF already, it doesn't apply to you (you joined early when it was easier, which is fair). Also by having % of maps to have top10, it will get harder to get into KSF with every map released (theoretically)

10% is a random number, the actual number should be decided by KSF members here if they like my proposal.
    I don't know... I only got 63 tops only and im 8th on the server... its nothing 10% is alot even if its a random number. I would go for tops total points requirement at 1-3000 instead of % of tops since the points system is pretty balanced on this side.

Having 1-3000 is pretty easy to get... I got 63 tops for 23775 points.

Thread Information