Close

Thread: Auto mute :(

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

Auto mute :(

Can we have that auto-muting thing taken off in the server when someone tries to play a sound for more than 4 seconds?

Junior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto mute :(

It may or may not be disabled for admins. Personally, I can't stand it when people play music or audio clips in-game. If enough people desire its removal, I'll talk with the other admins about it.

-Spyder

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by col. mustard
    I agree with player and spyder, I like it when people play music but sometimes it can be pretty bad...

So how about finding a system where people can play music as long as there are admins on the server, or if everybody agrees that music can be played

Have a system with votemute, if 60% vote mute you then your muted, so that people cant spam to bad if no admins are on
    qft

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

I never understood why people don't manually mute others through the player list...

If people start doing that, there's no need for additional votes or administrative presence.

/2 cents

Junior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lysergic acid
    I never understood why people don't manually mute others through the player list...

If people start doing that, there's no need for additional votes or administrative presence.

/2 cents
    Because I shouldn't have to quit surfing (which means restarting a level, falling into jail, or getting shot) in the middle of a map to mute some micspamming asshole, that's why. Sure, it only takes a few seconds. Do you have any idea how long that is in Counter-Strike?

I've installed Sourcemod Radio. If you want to listen to music, listen to that.

Yes, I have very strong feelings on this subject, and no, they will not change.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Because I shouldn't have to quit surfing (which means restarting a level, falling into jail, or getting shot) in the middle of a map to mute some micspamming asshole, that's why. Sure, it only takes a few seconds. Do you have any idea how long that is in Counter-Strike?

I've installed Sourcemod Radio. If you want to listen to music, listen to that.

Yes, I have very strong feelings on this subject, and no, they will not change.
    Fair enough

Post Thanks / Like

I actually enjoy some of the music that people spam. My suggestion is just implement an immunity system for admins... for whatever level you think is appropriate. The admins that will play the music will understand that they need to play something normal and not spam so to not irritate others. And if the majority of people don't like it, then its the admins responsibility to stop playing that song or stop playing their music in general. Votemute wouldn't hurt, but would be useless with the anit-mic spam system.

Thread Information