Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: surf_lt_omnific

Post Thanks / Like

Re: surf_lt_omnific

Timewarp2 and abbysal had transitions without boosts or teleports. Also, perfectly smooth outwards curved ramps has been done before (there's basically a tophattwaffle tutorial on it)

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

haven't seen abyssal but I checked out timewarp2 on youtube, ours is still different. I don't want to explain exactly in case they don't want me to but trust me it's definitely unique.

I'm not sure of maps with surfs without surfbugs, I know it's been done before but it's rare so I thought I'd mention it. I wasn't aware of any tutorials about that, nyro did a lot of testing to get our surfs bug free, outward and inwards he did a lot of testing to get it right.

Post Thanks / Like

nyro fixed the lame occurrence of you hitting the individual pieces of the surfs and stalling. However, 'sticky' surfs can not be fixed. That is simply a glitch with the engine that has been around since '99.

It's not necessarily a 'staged linear' map. The average stage length will be around 25-30 seconds, some much bigger than others, but the map can be played continuously without stopping. It should make for some interesting speedruns/wrcp's.

Nothing is completely unique, but the map will definitely stand out. We also like the minimalist theme of the colors. It's easy and pleasing.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by They call me queer
    Nothing is completely unique, but the map will definitely stand out. We also like the minimalist theme of the colors. It's easy and pleasing.
    the concept isn't new but I certainly haven't seen it implemented in the fashion in which it is in omnific

Post Thanks / Like

Has potential, but still to hard to tell from the trailer. Hope it lives up to the hype!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evolv
    Has potential, but still to hard to tell from the trailer. Hope it lives up to the hype!
    Input on the matter with some sense! It's amazing how many people have completely 180'd on the subject based on seeing basically nothing

Professional
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by They call me queer
    Quote Originally Posted by evolv
    Input on the matter with some sense! It's amazing how many people have completely 180'd on the subject based on seeing basically nothing
    Next time don't fucking spam about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey hey! Settle down. The posts were deleted and that was that.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked out the trailer, it looks pretty awesome. TBH, can't wait for it!

Casual
    Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed this map, tested it and loved it.. Though i had some massive mouse lags and low fps problems. Overall the map is very challenging and fun to surf.

Thread Information