Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Artwork on GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbn Snatchr
    I don't need a tutorial, ok the first one was a little big but i was just making sure he liked it :roll: and look at Phenoms sig, its way bigger than the one i made so i don't think there is a specific size so stop making me out to be a retard but ye dej i will squash it down a bit and try sharpen up the image then post it back on here later because right now im in college
    imo, you need tutorials.
    not trying to make you look like a retard. Just suggesting ways for you to improve your work, and choosing the correct size is usually a good place to start. But, if you wanna do the whole lone wolf "i dont need help from experienced people, i can do this shit myself" act, go ahead. Just remember that trying to counterattack all forms of critique won't get you anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing i got wrong was the dimensions brave, i do not need a tutorial.
    Didn't you have anything to say about phenoms? there are all different shapes and sizes its a preference not a specific size dude.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turbn Snatchr
    The only thing i got wrong was the dimensions brave, i do not need a tutorial.
    Didn't you have anything to say about phenoms? there are all different shapes and sizes its a preference not a specific size dude.
    I think phenom's sigg is a bit too large too. And what does his sigg have to do with anything? Everyone obviously dont have the same size and dimensions, but that doesn't mean there aren't sizes that are better suited for the purpose of being a sigg than others. And if you really wanna go there, you could need some tutorials on your general work aswell, those images are really not all that special. Just looks like a compilation of brushes and random colors made in like 5 minutes. And the font is extremely boring and looks way too stock. Also, putting the text in the middle is a bad idea, since it's commonly known as the "dead center". It's one of the first things people learn @ art/graphics school. It's like the rock bottom fundament of image composition.
    Here, read up on this: Rule of thirds.
    If you don't wanna learn, what is the reason for posting your shitty pics anyway. Take the suggestions and critique and try to learn from it.
    I hate it when people think they know it all. It's really annoying for us that actually do.
    im just sayin.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't ask for anyones opinion or advice, and i dont know what you mean by 'stock' because the brushes and the fonts were downloaded from a website, and yes each did only take me about 5-10 minutes, doesn't mean it sucks becuase i didn't put heart and soul into it and ok, i agree with you about centering the text but i had litterally just downloaded the software that same day, theres only so much i can do being the 'amature' that i am, but, i'll know for next time thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

How about these? I did the stupid thing and left the background colour until the end on the first one but filling the spaces with colour gave it a wierd effect :roll:

Tell me what you think on these ones dej and anyone else?

Regular Poster
    Post Thanks / Like

ohshi-- thats a much better size
    I'll be using the second one since I love blue & yellow together, cheers br0 !

Post Thanks / Like

Here Mystician I can make a better one if you want, im in need of more brushes anyway so give me a shout if you have any ideas mate, and anyone else

Post Thanks / Like

Dats awesome thanks man

Thread Information