This is taken from the forums over at Solid Surf. Good points and something to understand to ensure this map's a success with a big bang rather than a "oh it's finally released".

Posted by FAJ in regard to Untouch's protected version of legendary.

Code:
A map-maker has to understand the vunerability of his product before he does anything with it.

The second you do a semi-public beta-test, consider the map completely out of your control in terms of keeping it private or un-released. It is silly to complain about a map being 'stolen'. If you don't want a beta to be on servers, then don't do a beta test where people can get it. Honestly, I don't even know if passwording the server you beta on is enough even, anymore.

It is like complaining about someone putting up a youtube video of you doing something stupid. Don't do stupid shit and you won't be vunerable to that.

Don't do public betas unless you want the beta to be public property. The world doesn't work on the honor system.

What is the problem anyway? "I don't want people to play my map if it has bugs because they might think its bad and not want to play it when i fix it!" ??? If the final product is good, the beta-test versions wont mean crap. If the final version is not good to the point that it is passed over due to a bad original beta-test, then it is not good enough anyways. 

Moral of the story: If you don't want the beta to be public, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.