Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayz View Post
    1. this turns mapping into work. People will start to make maps and hope to be retributed with free VIP. Surf mapping is now less about enjoyment of surf, more about free VIP.
    I really don't think it would make mapping into work, it's more of a honor to the mappers for providing something well made. Look at zombie, Hardex or Krazy, they're consistently providing us with solid projects already, I think they just deserve a high status for their work.
    Mapping is work, but that's also what makes it fun. If you keep redoing that one part til you finally get it right, you just feel good. That's how it is.

2. monopoly. the best mappers/maps always get accepted even without polls. Shit mappers will be discouraged, people will be jealous.
    People get jealous already? Good maps get accepted and put on ksf first already? If people get discouraged by not being as good as others who've been mapping for a long time, they're not putting their hearts into what they're making anyway, I'm speaking from experience here.
    I've been "mapping" for quite some time now, and before I put out semesterbreak I kept on dropping what I made because it just wasn't good enough compared to what I saw on ksf. It sounds anime to say this, but pulling through that frustration and working on your project til you're satisfied enough to put it out there and compete with others is part of what makes you a real mapper.

3. mappers would hold a higher status in ksf than both donors and regulars, reducing the value of being a donor/regular and causing more community split/troll/hate/etc
    Same as 2., part of the community already hates what others put out? And I really don't see mappers being rewarded with vip devalue it as a whole, it's made to give you an advantage by providing you with more servers to surf on, people will want that regardless.

I wouldn't go as far as Chillinx and give every good and well known mapper lifetime VIP, but to give the people who made 666, omnific, all the good maps that stay in the rotation because they're just good deserves respect and reward in my opinion. Like someone being a patreon donor for a youtuber, they're not asked to donate but they volunteer because it just shows their gratitude for all the effort the creator put into the content.

Regular Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by not_a_zombie View Post
    also crayz i have no idea what the reasoning behind your third point is.
    I thought op said perma-vip. Either way giving free VIP just seems like a dumb way to recognize mappers

Post Thanks / Like
    Either way giving free VIP just seems like a dumb way to recognize mappers
    Lol what else can you give people on KSF other than that and cancer?

4. Thanks Ocean thanked for this post
    Likes Ocean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a better idea might be access to expert/vet server, it kinda sucks to spend so long making a map and then not being able to see the good surfers play it unless they stream or something.

6. Thanks TooM3R, Ocean, murglegurgle, Sam thanked for this post
    Dislikes Maltsns disliked this post
    Regular Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Retarded View Post
    I really don't think it would make mapping into work, it's more of a honor to the mappers for providing something well made. Look at zombie, Hardex or Krazy, they're consistently providing us with solid projects already, I think they just deserve a high status .....
    In my opinion getting your map approved on ksf is reward enough. It provides a shit ton of exposure. Shitty maps get less exposure, good maps get more exposure, there's your incentive and reward to make a good quality map.

8. Dislikes Ocean disliked this post
    Regular Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by not_a_zombie View Post
    I think a better idea might be access to expert/vet server, it kinda sucks to spend so long making a map and then not being able to see the good surfers play it unless they stream or something.
    I agree on that point

10. Likes Ocean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a point I originally wanted to add but forgot because I'm a moron, maps always go online on expert/veteran first, not being able to be there and getting the surfers' first impressions sucks ass. So does having to pay for it, unless you're high rank of course.

12. Thanks Ocean thanked for this post
    Likes Ocean, Olivia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion getting your map approved on ksf is reward enough. It provides a shit ton of exposure. Shitty maps get less exposure, good maps get more exposure, there's your incentive and reward to make a good quality map.
    Is your argument really "You should be grateful the good content you're providing for ksf gets accepted"? Also I don't think ksf can get you enough exposure to get a job or some shit

14. Thanks Ocean thanked for this post
    Likes Ocean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't wanna speak on KSF nor mappers behalf but how is giving VIP to mappers too much? Some maps really are amazing, and the product of a lot hard work. And also it's not about giving them recognition, it's about thanking them in a little way, and of course because VIP is convenient for a mapper to have. How are we even arguing this? Mappers as I said make surf, no? I think they deserve much more, for all I hear they get shit talked all the time, when they really deserve nothing but praise.

16. Thanks Ocean thanked for this post
    Likes TooM3R, Sam liked this post
    KSF Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of the mappers getting access to the expert/veteran server

18. Thanks Ocean thanked for this post
    Likes Ocean, maggi, Olivia liked this post

Thread Information