Close

Post Thanks / Like

Make it so you can saveloc on _fast | Purging the server of shite bonuses

1: Please make it so you can actually saveloc _fast. I don't know why you cannot do this but I really think something should be changed to make it so you can practice it.

2. Maybe remove the weird bonuses like fast _b1, the mix_journeys bonus that requires multiple people. I personally think that bonuses like these don't belong on ksf. The bhop bonuses are fine imo but I think it's really retarded to have a bonus that requires multiple people to complete it as i said before. It removes real competition for wr'ing something like that. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Synth; 11-04-2016 at 11:26 PM. Reason: typo

2. Likes Dick Wizard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conversely you could weight the bonus record for such bonuses as zero points (if the timer supports it) but still give completion points.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tioga060 View Post
    Conversely you could weight the bonus record for such bonuses as zero points (if the timer supports it) but still give completion points.
    That's a fair point but then I think nobody would even want to try to wr it then, thus removing the compeition from it even more so. I'd rather have such bonuses be removed outright more so because of how they usually don't have anything to do with surfing. Granted the bhop/climb bonuses don't either, but they at least require decent strafing skills to beat.

Post Thanks / Like
    bonus 3 on mix_journeys has been fixed recently so you can solo it, but the fast bonus 1 is still aids.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Wizard View Post
    bonus 3 on mix_journeys has been fixed recently so you can solo it, but the fast bonus 1 is still aids.
    Oh I didn't know this. Also yes the fast b1 is aids but there are many many many bonuses that are aids to play and I think it'd be hard to determine which ones are bad enough to actually remove.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Synth View Post
    That's a fair point but then I think nobody would even want to try to wr it then, thus removing the compeition from it even more so. I'd rather have such bonuses be removed outright more so because of how they usually don't have anything to do with surfing. Granted the bhop/climb bonuses don't either, but they at least require decent strafing skills to beat.
    People went for the WR on it literal years before bonus records gave points. I think the novelty of getting three random people on the server to work together and beat something together is enough to justify its existence for points. If there were no points granted for completing it, it and most similar bonuses would probably never have been played, which isn't really a knock on the quality of the bonuses as much as it is commentary on the ways of the server population.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol ye ppl go for wrbs because its the easiest way to get 50 points man

why spend 20 mins g1ing a t1 map for 500 pts when you can probably easily get 10 wrbs in that time

9. Thanks rool thanked for this post
    Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THERAPIST View Post
    lol ye ppl go for wrbs because its the easiest way to get 50 points man

why spend 20 mins g1ing a t1 map for 500 pts when you can probably easily get 10 wrbs in that time
    who is saying this

Post Thanks / Like
    because playing with other people is overrated. who needs friends anyways

Thread Information