Close

Post Thanks / Like

Hello! I'm pseud.

Hey all!

My name is pseud and I'm relatively new to surfing. I have less than 250 hours of experience in total (probably less than 200 actually) but I absolutely love it. Ever since I started, it's all I wanna do :D

I have seen most of the videos on the KSF YouTube channel and learned a lot from just observing. I'd describe myself as fairly beginner, as I still mainly surf t1/t2 but have completed a couple of t3 maps. I prefer getting faster and faster runs on the lower tier maps at the moment as opposed to putting myself on harder maps that frustrate me because I can't finish them.

My real name is Chris, I play World of Warcraft and Overwatch (as well as, of course, surfing). I'm a PHP developer and love coding. I originally got in to the surf-ish kinda of gameplay with codjumper on cod4. I was pretty good at it, able to finish most intermediate / advanced maps. I messed about a bit in the past on CS:S, doing combat-surfing but never really got very good at it. When I got CS:GO I didn't enjoy the combat and so after about 8 hours played over a year or so, I decided to try out surfing again.

I tried it on a few servers, fell in love with it pretty quickly and ended up buying my own server so I can pick and choose maps, and run a timer etc. which is where I've been surfing ever since.

I've now decided that I'd like to get to know people in the community and potentially learn from them too. I know *of* a fair few decent surfers because of YouTube but the only one I've spoken to is Roxburn, who has helped me a massive amount, so a shout out to him :D

Sorry for this wall of text, but I look forward to meeting you all in the servers!

I'll be home on Monday and hopefully I'll see some of you then provided WoW doesn't take up all of my time with their new update(s) :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to KSF , where people hate each other

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you picked source to surf on, cs:go is lame!
    Just kidding, in all honesty we welcome you to the community and look forward to seeing you on the servers.
    And you're a coder you say? Interesting, we don't have very many around here and I'd love to see what you know, and if it peeks your interest you might considering learning source engine and working with plugins and what-not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I mainly use PHP at the moment although I have a basic understanding of Java / C# too, and a more advanced understanding of Visual Basic 6 (Which nobody uses today). I'd love to learn more stuff; I have always wanted to make plugins and stuff but never really had the know-how to get started.

-edit-

I'd like to make surf maps too, I think I'll give that a shot when I am home
    Last edited by pseud; 08-13-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to ksf, looking forward to seeing you on the servers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to have you here

Thread Information