Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really the workshop version at least is working for me

check the video of the beta I made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv60rB7plRc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by burga View Post
    Really the workshop version at least is working for me

check the video of the beta I made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv60rB7plRc
    "This video is private."
    It's just my wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Workshop working fine. and cool bonus i like it. cool skip

Junior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    This map is really boring to me. The textures don't go together at all and are used a lot. The lighting is nothing special and just look it was thrown in in 5 minutes. The theme is kind of dumb because its just a meme. The surf is really boring because everything is just in square rooms with glass walls. This is not a good map in my opinion.

5. Likes Levi liked this post
    Junior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    surf_meme2 confirmed

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by horsefeathers View Post
    This map is really boring to me. The textures don't go together at all and are used a lot. The lighting is nothing special and just look it was thrown in in 5 minutes. The theme is kind of dumb because its just a meme. The surf is really boring because everything is just in square rooms with glass walls. This is not a good map in my opinion.

Well thanks for the feedback, I was aiming for tier 1-2. I know a server I play on the most played maps are simpsons, spacejam, kitsune ( the first one), and beginner and I think it can hold it's ground against those maps at least and it was my first attempt at creating a map but I guess I'll just leave it to the pros
    Last edited by burga; 05-18-2016 at 05:26 PM.

KSF Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Masog View Post
    surf_meme2 confirmed
    but phurix is making meme2!!

Quote Originally Posted by burga View Post
    Well thanks for the feedback, I was aiming for tier 1-2. I know a server I play on the most played maps are simpsons, spacejam, kitsune ( the first one), and beginner and I think it can hold it's ground against those maps at least and it was my first attempt at creating a map but I guess I'll just leave it to the pros
    I think what he's trying to get at is the fact that the map is just really generic surf (and texture) wise. Most of the ramps are very long, so you'll go 2+ seconds without needing to make any mouse movements or even think about what you're going to do next. I appreciate the fact that you didn't put any gimmicks in the stages, which means it won't be annoying to speedrun, just the map is pretty much another surf_kitsune (which is a pretty bad map for any purpose other than learning how to surf)

Visually the map half way there. You chose good looking textures, and the geometry/brushwork isn't bad, there's just no real theme. I would stick with the red/white/blue/black metal textures instead of every colour in the texture pack, use some lights that aren't just white, and do more things trump related aside from putting photos of him around the map surf_fruits style. You mentioned making "the wall" but there's nothing that really indicates that any of your walls are "the wall"

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the original wall was removed because I kept getting errors weeks ago. I guess I could remake it in a second bonus possibly now that I know what I'm doing but I also want to move on

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    The version on the workship is pretty finished and is live on "Jays surf n turf tier 1-2" servers IDK if anyone knows them, but he told me it has been getting good feedback !!!

Thread Information