Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah thank you so much. silky smooth now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add triggers, it's damn annoying to test without.

Junior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, here is a prerelease version with triggers and links between stages: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...prerelease.bsp

Im pretty much done now, I'm just going to wait a couple days and make sure everything is working correctly. The map will probably remain the same from now until I put it on gamebanana, but I just want to be sure. I never ended up working on a bonus since I am out of ideas after working on this for about a month solid. Lastly, I dont know exactly what trigger are required for the surf timer; do I need start and end triggers for each plus map_start/end, or just the stages.

Thank you everyone for your support and guidance. It was super fun to make this map.

Senior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    i actually really enjoyed that, good job

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    pretty sweet map. everything looks good to me.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stage 6 is simply amazing. All of the other stages are, too, but 6 is my favorite out of all of them.

Surf: 9/10

The surf ramps are done well and placed in the right areas to ensure that it flows and that it's fun.

Aesthetic: 7/10

For a map with absolutely no coloration in it, this looks amazing. The shades of the different textures and the lighting really make this work. This doesn't look as good as surf_polygon, but it is visually appealing for similar reasons.

Flow: 8/10

The surf in this map is amazing. It's fun, it's fast-paced and it flows really well. Apart from a few awkward flicks, this map has perfect surf. Also, this map has gained all of my respect for having a climatic ending.

Fun: 10/10

This map was really fun, it had a wide variety of obstacles and required quite a bit of timing and precision. Stage 6 was one of the most fun stages I've ever played.

Overall: 8.5/10

Fantastic map, I look forward to seeing what other projects you make in the future.

KSF Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by horsefeathers View Post
    Lastly, I dont know exactly what trigger are required for the surf timer; do I need start and end triggers for each plus map_start/end, or just the stages.
    You need a trigger_multiple on each start platform and one at the end platform of the final stage.

Very fun btw! I really liked s4 and the rest were all quite enjoyable. Only real thing I'd change is making s1 a bit easier (I don't think noobs will be able to get to the third ramp)

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't have to add any start/endzones to your map is they are in a rectangular shape. Only if your startzone is odd like a triangle then it'd be great if you make a trigger in the same shape.

Btw this looks better than polygon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome map, the surf is EXTREMELY fun. 10/10
    03:14 - MIKE: you should have fucking warned me
    03:14 - MIKE: now you have to buy me a new desk
    03:14 - MIKE: cause the boner i got smashed right through it

Junior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapo View Post
    You need a trigger_multiple on each start platform and one at the end platform of the final stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred View Post
    You don't have to add any start/endzones to your map is they are in a rectangular shape. Only if your startzone is odd like a triangle then it'd be great if you make a trigger in the same shape.
    Thanks for the info. I added the triggers anyway as it was pretty simple.

Thread Information