Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like

surf_slow_motion

Hello, I started making this map about 2 years ago, and I called it surf_slow_motion.
    I made a quick video to show you what I have for now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Je...ature=youtu.be
    It doesn't have lights yet, so it looks ugly, sorry. I just want to know what do you think about the "slow motion" thing and about the map overall. In the beginning it had to be a map with stages, but I deicided to make it linear and make it harder in some parts, and I am still working on it. The end of the "blue part" still needs much work, then I have to connect the other stages to the current map and modify them a bit. Oh, and I still have like 2-3 different colors of the ramps textures so I'll propably add another parts after the current ones.
    (In the video I didn't show the yellow stage because it is still not "calculated" and isn't working as it should).
    Sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my native language.
    Masog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rofl what is this...

Senior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    10/10 add it now

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lol'd

Post Thanks / Like
    u should apply as editor for nightmaresurf

6. Likes Nyastle liked this post
    Junior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    lmao, don't laugh at my video, I just wanted to make a quick video to show u what I've got and spent literally 5 minutes recording / editing this. Just let me know what you think about the map and especially about the slow motion zones

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you guys did not understand that the slow motion stuff apparently is not in the vid but in the map, kinda like on surf_the_distance before you get shot onto the bhop.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll say, that does look really fun. I'm not completely sure how I feel about the slow motion thing, it will be distracting and unnecessarily added on to, what could be, normal surf, but on the other hand, it will be fun to remember where the slow motion starts, and where you regain the speed.

It's not a bad idea, but it needs to be executed well. An example of poor execution would be before an obstacle that requires a lot of fast reaction and focus, as those with high pings will have to guess where the obstacles are before their games catch up to them. A good example would be during a final jump, as it would raise tension and result in a more climatic finale. There are plenty of other examples of good and bad ways, but from that video, it all looks well-done.

Also, the texturing looks amazing in my opinion.

Junior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what Sacred said. Maybe I shoulda explained it.
    @Krazy, I am going to add slow-motion zones while you are in the air just flying, I don't think I'll add it into the strafe parts, not much at least. Thanks for your feedback
    This map still needs much work, I will try to keep you up with the updates, I don't have much time for mapping tho, school is time consuming.

Post Thanks / Like
    surf_lt_omnific2!

Thread Information