Close

Thread: Stage Records

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Stage Records

I think you guys should allow people to get WRCP's even if its using cboost or max velo or anything else like that because it doesn't really affect anything.. at all. Stage records should be fair game for anything (not lagging, lag is cheat) its a stage record for a reason, who cares if someone used an unorthodox method to get one. There are so many WRCP's in the servers that are already cheated and can never be claimed again because of that. Some maps get fixed and a cheat gets removed, but the old record still stands, which is impossible to retake without a cboost or some sort of exploit. Personally I find that some stages have really cool and fun cheats, and is a great way to pass time. I have seen that lots of KSF members are 50/50 on this and some would allow it and others wouldn't. I don't think your administration should be so unorganized (since its confusing for the community because some people may think its allowed and will do it without thinking) they should all reach 1 conclusion as to whether or not stage records should be fair game.

I just want KSF members to take their time and discuss this with eachother and hopefully they can agree to something, because I don't think you guys should have to worry about banning people for something that gains them literally 0 points, and is just for fun. This is just a suggestion, if you have any comments just voice them in the replies. hopefully i didnt fuck up anything in this post

I also want to clarify that none of this is to be applied with WR runs, any cheats used to gain points are definitely bannable.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is true that WRCPs don't grant any points and are therefore less important than WRs, but there are in fact many people that care a lot about their WRCPs and would not like to see them "cheated" in any way. I truly understand what you're trying to say, but nontheless I don't think we should let them become a do-whatever-you-want-shitfest. Yes, it's true that there are plenty of WRCPs impossible to get, as stages have gotten maxvel/prehop limit or other things getting removed for the "greater good", usually the WR. Let's just hope we will be able to remove times again so we can fix it all up. By then it should be more consistent of what's allowed and what is not since we can remove times gained in a way that is not allowed, and therefore we don't have to make exceptions (there are way too many "exceptions" right now, we are surely aware of that).

In case you are referring to mr.dragons ban with your post - he clearly knew what he was doing, he knew it was forbidden, he even hesitated before getting it. Crouchboosting is forbidden - by now everyone knows that, and we have achieved that with bans. Almost nobody is getting banned for crouchboosting anymore, while it was almost getting out of hand a year or more ago. So not everything about that "policy" is bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah this attitude is exactly why wrcps cant give points and why people think they are a joke.

ksf members have already agreed to disallowing all that stuff so i dont see why you are confused.

the remaining wrcp's that aren't ruined in any way should remain so.

Thread Information