This is where we talk about this. First of all, right now the people who can see this are
Tick
DigitalTerrorist
Zentrix
Me
Evolv
Unt
Mustard
*IF YOU HAVE PERMISSIONS TO SEE THIS FORUM AND WISH TO PARTICIPATE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL REMOVE YOUR ACCESS*

Who else do you guys think should be added to help us plan? Also, please note that if you wish to participate, I am going to ask that you do not help plan just because for the skill surf part the maps will be kept secret until the day of the event.

So in terms of what we have so far, we think that we should have a skill surf and combat surf tournament. The top 10 or so(this number is flexible, give input please) will advance to a final bracket that will be a mix of all surf types. How we will work the final bracket is at this point unknown.

For the skill portion, I do not think we should just see who can beat a skill map first. On top of the fact that certain people will ALWAYS win, this has been done before. Not to mention egi's timer renders it kind of pointless. I think that it should be a bunch of random things. A few examples would be get to the top of the roof of pro on year3000 or do banana backwards on fruits(obviously this would be early round tasks as they are easy). I want to keep this things a secret until a day or 2 before the matches, at which point we will tell competitors that the map will involve fruits, but NOT what the task will be. We need to come up with tasks to be done, so please give ideas.

As far as the skill surf matches go, I think it should be 1v1 matches, where competitors will race to see who can perform the task first. There will be 3 rounds per match, at the end of the match, best 2 out of 3 wins. We will have to make sure that we test the challenges to make sure they are fair and can be done by many, not just 1 or 2 really pro surfers(except for the later rounds of course). There will also be several warm up rounds per match.

As for the combat bracket, I talked to evolv and I dont think it should be a bracket at all. I mentioned the idea that every day(or everyother day, or weekends, GIVE IDEAS HERE) for an hour or 2 we play only combat maps on the server. At the end of x number of days, as long as you have logged x number hours and have a top x kdr(again, ideas please. this number needs to be the same number of people from the skill surf part), you advance to the final bracket.

We would need to come up with a maplist for this, and we would need to say like 5 or 6 rounds per map, then change. This would help make it more fair.

Please, provide input here. Nothing is set in stone yet. This is really going to take a good amount of planning. The bigloop tournament was good, but I clearly dropped the ball on some of the planning. So please, lets make this awesome. I want this huge, it will really get our name out there. When we finish planning this, I intend to post on several other forums to make this BIG(intox/solid surf/etc,)