Synki has had an extremely offensive, racist chatname for about 10 days now (with a little break in the middle) -- first N*****179, and now sandN*****179. Besides being targeted at me specifically, it is exceptionally childish behavior from a former KSF member, exclusionary/deterrent to newcomers to KSF, outright racist, and makes the surf community look very bad. It has made it harder for me personally to stream, as I have to hide my HUD and be careful navigating the menus of the server to avoid his name.

I asked him politely to change his name twice -- once with the original name, and once with the new name -- putting aside our beef and asking him to just have some respect. Both times he responded less than appropriately.

Sacred declined to comment, but mentioned before that "he'll be gone soon anyway" -- for his mandatory service in the Finnish whatever. Not only is this not an argument, as it's still letting Synki get away with his storied privilege at the expense of surf/KSF's reputation and growth, but it's a poor response to a high-profile user parading his racism around publically.

I shouldn't have to explain why the most immediately recognizable name in surf right now toting a chatname like his is... bad. But it's long past the time where members of the community, especially prominent figureheads of the KSF name, be held to some simple behavioral standards like the rest of the community.