Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few maps.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb A few maps.

Heyo,

I've made 3 maps i would like to share.
    These maps are mainly focused on low tier surfers, who want's to learn how to surf. I'm hoping to achieve some simple & fun maps, which are good to start up with. Design is not my top priority in these =)

surf_colum_2 [Tier 1 / 1 Bonus ]:
    http://gamebanana.com/maps/194051

surf_rooftopsv2 [Tier 1 ]:
    http://gamebanana.com/maps/193973
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j22A1Iy1-o

surf_skyborn [Tier 1 / 1 Bonus ]:
    http://gamebanana.com/maps/190206

Other than that, I'm working on surf_simpsons_2:

- Hoping for this to become a Tier 2 map when I'm done with all the textures, the remaining stages & general design.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Koga73; 02-02-2017 at 07:25 AM.

2. Thanks Bince thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simpsons_2 doesn't look too bad, but if its possible to remake the endings of some of the stages so that they don't involve ladders it would likely be better received. Ladders are a pain in the ass to deal with and in my opinion make maps a lot less fun in general. As for the other maps, skyborn and colum_2 look interesting. Rooftopsv2 looks a little unappealing with the similarities between all the stages, if there was more variation in the stages it would be a better map IMO. Keep up the work

4. Likes Karisma, Louieismyname, Koga73 liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bince View Post
    Simpsons_2 doesn't look too bad, but if its possible to remake the endings of some of the stages so that they don't involve ladders it would likely be better received. Ladders are a pain in the ass to deal with and in my opinion make maps a lot less fun in general. As for the other maps, skyborn and colum_2 look interesting. Rooftopsv2 looks a little unappealing with the similarities between all the stages, if there was more variation in the stages it would be a better map IMO. Keep up the work
    Thank you for the great fb, will consider the part about ladders and take it into consideration, but gonna admit it's a first
    Good day.

6. Thanks Bince thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, do you have the permission to be naming it surf_simpsons_2 from the original creator of the original map? Ryckon or Rickon whatever his name is. If not, I would suggest re naming it to something else, cause it seems like you're taking credit for both if you don't

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowlech View Post
    By the way, do you have the permission to be naming it surf_simpsons_2 from the original creator of the original map? Ryckon or Rickon whatever his name is. If not, I would suggest re naming it to something else, cause it seems like you're taking credit for both if you don't
    Hello.
    No, I did not ask for permission, since i did not use anything from the original map (textures, ramps, stages etz), other than the actual name & of course, the re-making of the original textures, which I'm sure is ok considering the name is not his to begin with (Reffering to Copyright by 20th Television / Fox News). Also Rickon has not been online for 6 years.

I could of course rename it to something like surf_simpsons_csgo, removing the 2 part, so it wouldn't cause any rokus.
    Not trying to be rude here, I just don't agree.
    Last edited by Koga73; 02-06-2017 at 03:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you're fine to go with that name if the guy is basically not interested in surf anymore. As long as your map isn't horrible and you're ruining his legacy

10. Likes Koga73 liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred View Post
    I think you're fine to go with that name if the guy is basically not interested in surf anymore. As long as your map isn't horrible and you're ruining his legacy
    Na'w i could never! Hopefully if he ever sees it, he will think it's a good sequel Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Simpsons looks good, are you planning on adding bonuses?

13. Thanks dexter thanked for this post
    Likes dexter liked this post
    Regular Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hitting boosts with high ping is pretty awful if the boost is near the end of the ramp or just before a tight weave. I noticed a few of those spots on simpsons 2, I'm sure it's still surfable, just something to consider for next time

Post Thanks / Like
    any idea when you'll post a playable verson of simpsons 2? or if theres some alpha verson out?

Thread Information