Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Surfing Exhibition

It's me again :')

At first I thought I would just ask people for input (i.e. the wikipedia thing and the suvery) and then process everything myself to make an expo, but then I thought, heck, why not be completely transparent and show everything I do:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WxKeGY5R3cwSDQ

If you want to help let me know so I can give you editing rights. Any suggestions / comments / critique is welcome.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiii, I have made progress on the exhibition!

I am going a bit crazy and have been procrastinating for way too long. I have been working for hours, but was wondering if some of you could do some peer-reviewing

My English is not at a native level and also I don't know if the story makes any sense. Critique on lay-out / fonts / design would also be great.

Just let me know what you think! Click the link to see the long ass banner:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0B...JEQlJBU1U/view

FYI: This will be printed on a 1,35m x 15,00m banner of paper. There will also be a big video screen showing a lot of maps, so people can see what surfing is really like. There will be a computer for people try and surf themselves. Also two smaller posters: one to tell something about the history/development of surfing, and one about the surfing community (clans, servers, WRs etc..)

Post Thanks / Like
    There isn't much or any information about actual surfing, just your essay about the act of it. Dunno what the scope of this banner is meant to be though

The kitsune2 picture you used is from the bonus, made by Krazy not Arblarg. The omnific picture is from a stage by CHECK EM, not nyro (although for omnific it's probably worth saying it was made by nyro, qr and check em).

I would remove the pictures of baldrian and kinshi and replace them with some more classic maps like rebel resistance, leet or the_gloaming on the off chance that someone there played the game years ago and might recognize them on your banner.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I will make the changes!

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    And yeah, I would have wanted to add a whooole lot more info, but it still needs to be comprehensible for people who don't even play games and I cannot expect people to read a lot in an exhibition...
    After I finish this, I would however like to write an article or something and then maybe make the Wikipedia page.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could also probably replace the 1.6 image with a 1.6 surf map like surf_fatmike, surf_egypt, surf_470gogogo etc

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The most noteable clans in CSS must be Nightmare and KSF. There have been a lot of combat clans (especially in old days) and allround clans like Nightmare.
    But it's pretty hard to get structure of all those. I would just go with Nightmare and KSF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest if you haven't already to get permission from all the mapmakers and clans you mention in this whole thing to prevent any copyright claims. I know Junior has taken down every map featuring his bonus without his permission, despite them having his name on it.

10. Dislikes Sundayy disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FluX View Post
    I suggest if you haven't already to get permission from all the mapmakers and clans you mention in this whole thing to prevent any copyright claims. I know Junior has taken down every map featuring his bonus without his permission, despite them having his name on it.

lol

Thread Information