Close

View Entry Info: Synki

Category:
Complaint
[RESOLVED]
Username
Please enter the users current chat name.
Synki
Time
Time of day that the offense took place.
00:00
Admins Online
List any admins who were on the server at the time.
Many
Steamid
Please enter the steamid of the offending user.
STEAM_0:0:33904908
Complaint Description
Please describe the details of the situation.
Racist, targetted custom chatname; refuses to change
Attachments
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Synki

Post Thanks / Like
    streamers can !hidechat but we talking about a problematic name here not chat, maybe its time for you to retire yourself while you r not completely burned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ling_Ling View Post
    You ok bro? You got a little bit of drool dribbling off your lip.. Here let me re-write what he wrote it a more easy to understand way... 90% of the server isn't using retard names.
    I'm saying the discussion has not been only about names, but racism overall in the server. That means we would have to ban racism in chat, not just names. You fucking muppet.

Post Thanks / Like
    did you just said muppet ? i feel offended now

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not completely sure but this may be a case of defamation. In this case it would be libel since it is in the form of written words. Although Synki is not spreading false information about Beetle179, the use of the name "SandNigger179" and "Nigger179" hinders Beetl179's ability to stream. This affects him personally and could potentially harm his "business" (streaming). The use of the names "SandNigger" and "Nigger" would not create a case for this matter. However, the numbers "179" are included which is a mark of Beetle179 and tied with his name/brand which is on his stream. KSF cannot do anything about this but provide evidence in the event of a lawsuit if Beetle179 decides to sue Synki.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^lol I'd like to see that

Post Thanks / Like
    lolololololoololololollllllllll nigger ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooster Cow View Post
    I'm not completely sure but this may be a case of defamation. In this case it would be libel since it is in the form of written words. Although Synki is not spreading false information about Beetle179, the use of the name "SandNigger179" and "Nigger179" hinders Beetl179's ability to stream. This affects him personally and could potentially harm his "business" (streaming). The use of the names "SandNigger" and "Nigger" would not create a case for this matter. However, the numbers "179" are included which is a mark of Beetle179 and tied with his name/brand which is on his stream. KSF cannot do anything about this but provide evidence in the event of a lawsuit if Beetle179 decides to sue Synki.

hate to be that guy, you do sound smart but ''KSF cannot do anything about this but provide evidence in the event of a lawsuit'' is completely false.

the discussion is all about, should ksf prevent racism and/or harrasment and/or defamation of character and/or racist slurs as tags.

i dont think ksf should censor chat, but i think it would be a good idea to put a rule in place against Nigger as a name. especially for players who have WRs

*Edit:
    maybe a rule against imitating other players, seeing as admins shouldnt be imitated.
    Last edited by Orson; 06-12-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Orson View Post
    hate to be that guy, you do sound smart but ''KSF cannot do anything about this but provide evidence in the event of a lawsuit'' is completely false.

the discussion is all about, should ksf prevent racism and/or harrasment and/or defamation of character and/or racist slurs as tags.

i dont think ksf should censor chat, but i think it would be a good idea to put a rule in place against Nigger as a name. especially for players who have WRs

*Edit:
    maybe a rule against imitating other players, seeing as admins shouldnt be imitated.
    I wouldn't be opposed to this, sounds pretty reasonable.

KSF Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know everythings passed and the name has been changed but streamers could just do what truktruk has been doing for literally years and hidechat and hide the side hud while streaming. I know you all want to be able to display the WR and your PR but the middle hud has all of the really important info.

Regular Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean you don't have to put "no racism" in the rules, just know and moderate when things have gone too far

Thread Information